This Cheesy Keto Broccoli Casserole is really simple, and you’ll be surprised at how delicious it is! This easy broccoli casserole is ready to go in just about 20 minutes.
The wonderful combination of broccoli and cheese is the ideal low carb dinner or side dish when you want some real comfort food.
It’s creamy, cheesy, and full of crispy roasted broccoli bits!
Occasionally, you have to get a little inventive with your veggies, and this easy broccoli casserole is the way to go.
The most cozy and comforting low-carb dish you’ll ever make is this creamy, cheesy keto casserole. Prefect for cold winter nights.
It’s an ideal side dish for for the holiday season!
Ingredients to make a cheesy broccoli casserole
– Broccoli: I prefer to use fresh broccoli, but you may also use frozen if you’re in a bind.
– Butter: I typically use salted butter, but you may use unsalted if that’s what you prefer.
– Garlic: Fresh garlic is best. I use a microplane to finely mince the garlic, but you may also mince it by hand.
– Heavy cream: It’s all good as long as it’s full-fat.
– Cream cheese: Choose a full-fat block cream cheese.
– Dijon mustard: Mustard ads a nice tangy flavor.
– Mozzarella: To save time, I prefer to use pre-shredded cheese.
– Parmesan cheese: I like freshly grated parmesan. I also use pre-grated for this recipe, but the flavor isn’t nearly as good.
– Cheddar cheese: To save time, I prefer to use pre-shredded cheese.
– Salt & Pepper: Seasoning with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper is my preference.
Easy recipes that pair well with this broccoli casserole
Frequently asked questions
How can I reheat broccoli casserole?
To reheat broccoli casserole in the oven, take out of the refrigerator and let it rest and come to room temperature for about 10 min. Then put a piece of aluminum foil on top of the baking dish and bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. To reheat broccoli casserole in the microwave, cover with microwave save cover and reheat for 2-3 minutes.
Do you cook vegetables before putting in casserole?
Yes, you can cook vegetables by blanching or steaming them for 1-2 minutes. Do not overcook because they will cook further when baking the casserole.
Why is my casserole watery?
The casserole comes out watery because is contains vegetables that are high in water content such as broccoli, zucchinis and eggplant to name a few. To avoid a watery casserole is best to lightly prep-cook the vegetables.
How can I thicken my casserole?
You can thicken your casserole by adding collagen. Collagen is the part of the animal that makes meats jelly. When you add collagen, it will make the casserole thicker.
Cheesy Keto Broccoli Casserole Recipe
This Cheesy Keto broccoli Casserole is creamy and cheesy. A low carb broccoli casserole that's really simple to make in just 20 minutes.
- 1.5 lbs (680 g) of broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp (28 g) of butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) of heavy cream
- 8 oz (225 g) of cream cheese
- 1 tbsp (16 g) of dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup (80 g) of shredded mozzarella
- 1/3 cup (80 g) of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup (80 g) of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Blanch the broccoli in a large pot of salted boiling water for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse broccoli in cold water, drain well and arrange in a baking dish.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine until melted together, the butter, heavy cream, cream cheese, shredded cheeses, garlic, mustard and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the cheese mixture over the broccoli.
- Toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15 -20 minutes.
If you want the Broccoli caserole to be crispier you can always put it under the broiler on high for 2-3 minutes.
Serving Size1 serving
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 57mgSodium 321mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 4g