Are you looking for a keto crockpot chicken stew recipe? If so, you’ve come to the right place.
This is truly a very easy crockpot recipe.
It’s very simple, just dump it all in the crockpot, let it cook, and serve.
But first of all, it’s packed with flavor and healthy ingredients!
This is what I call comfort food in a crockpot!
It’s perfect for chilly winter days when you want something warm and comforting.
If you don’t have a slow cooker this recipe can be made in the oven, stove top, in the instant pot, and even in the ninja foodie.
Keto Crockpot Chicken Stew Ingredients
– Chicken: I find that chicken thighs work well in this dish, but you may also use chicken breasts.
– Chicken stock: This adds favor and will help to keep the chicken moist. You can also use water if you prefer.
– Tomatoes: I like to use dice can tomatoes. You can also use whole canned tomatoes and squish them with your hand or the back of a spoon.
– Carrots: I like to use baby carrots, but you could also use a larger carrot and cut it into pieces.
– Celery: You can use the leaves or the stalks in this recipe.
– Onion: I recommend a yellow onion, but any kind of onion that you have on hand will work.
– Garlic: Fresh garlic is best, but if it’s don’t have any available, garlic powder will work just fine.
– Thyme: Fresh thyme is best, dried thyme will also work.
– Oregano: Fresh oregano is best, dried will work in a pinch.
– Xanthan gum: This will help the sauce thicken.
– Salt and pepper: Fresh sea salt and freshly ground pepper are my favorite.
A simple recipe you can make for meal prep.
Very easy to pack in small containers and put in the fridge or even freeze.
This chicken stew tastes like you’re cheating on your diet but it’s totally okay because this dish is keto approved!
A delicious low-carb crockpot chicken stew that is sure to please the whole family.
Serve with a low carb side dish for a complete low carb meal.
Keto Crockpot Chicken Stew Recipe
A very simple and easy to make keto crockpot chicken stew. Perfect for chilly winter days when you want something warm and comforting.
- 1.5 lbs skinless and deboned chicken thighs
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 oz can dice tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp xantham gum
- Place all of the ingredients in a crockpot except for the xanthan gum and cook on high heat for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, add the xantham gum and give it a good stir. Cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- You can top this stew off with some grated parmesan cheese if you'd like. I would recommend it!
Amount Per Serving Calories 292Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 12gCholesterol 147mgSodium 389mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 4gProtein 29g