These Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter are flavored to perfection, and they’re wonderful as a side dish or appetizer. All the Brussels sprout haters will be gobbling these down!
Brussels sprouts are a healthy vegetable that can be prepared in so many ways. The trick to making them look and taste fantastic is to use plenty of garlic butter!
You’ll need just a few ingredients and they’re ready in just 30 minutes. This easy, flavorful side dish is simple enough to make on a weeknight!
They make a wonderful holiday side-dish!
What I love about garlic butter Brussels sprouts:
Garlic butter Brussels sprouts are by far one of my favorite side dishes for any occasion. You can season them to your liking and the flavor combinations are endless.
It’s also a quick and easy recipe that will go well with pretty much any entree like:
Brussels Sprouts may not have been your favorite food in the past, but they’ll be a hit with even the pickiest eaters if they’re coated in this decadent garlic herb butter!
Roasted Brussels sprouts in garlic butter ingredients
– Brussels Sprouts: Fresh and firm with bright green leaves.
– Butter: I prefer to use salted butter, but you can choose unsalted if preferred.
– Garlic: Fresh garlic is best. I use a microplane to quickly mince the garlic, but you could also finely chop by hand.
– Lemon juice: Always use fresh lemon juice for the best flavor.
– Salt & Pepper: I use sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to season.
Other Keto side dishes
Frequently asked questions
How do I choose the best Brussels sprouts?
Brussels sprouts are available year-round, but they’re best from September to February. Look for firm, compact buds with no signs of yellowing or wilting. Avoid any that have discolored leaves, spots, or those with open buds
Taking the bitterness out of Brussels sprouts?
You can reduce the bitterness of the Brussels sprouts by cutting them in half and soaking them salty water for at about 30 min. Preparing brussels sprouts this way also keeps them bright green and firm, instead of turning limp and grey.
Are Brussels sprouts baby cabbages?
No, they are not. The Brussels sprout is a member of the Gemmifera Group of cabbages , which also includes broccoli, cauliflower, turnips and rutabagas. Both Brussels sprouts and cabbages are species of leafy vegetables that grow above ground.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts In Garlic Butter Recipe
These Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts in Garlic Butter are flavored to perfection, and they're wonderful as a side dish or appetizer. Ready in 30 minutes and they make a wonderful holiday side-dish!
- 2 lb (900 g) Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of olive oil
- 3 tbsp (45 g) salted butter at room temperature
- 4 small garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) of fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 °F (220 °C/) and lined a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash trim and halve the Brussels sprouts or quarter if too big.
- Mix the minced garlic and lemon juice with the soft butter and set aside.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Add the mixed garlic butter, toss until all Brussels sprouts are fully coated and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 114Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 15mgSodium 97mgCarbohydrates 7gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 1g