This Crockpot Chipotle Beef Barbacoa is a slow cooker recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight.
The beef is cooked low and slow until it is fall-apart tender, then shredded and mixed with a delicious sauce made from chipotles in adobo sauce, lime juice, cilantro, and spices.
Serve the barbacoa on tortillas with your favorite toppings for a quick and easy meal.
If you love the barbacoa meat at Chipotle restaurant you will be in love with this beef barbacoa.
Crockpot Chipotle Beef Barbacoa Ingredients
– Beef: I like to use chuck roast for this recipe because it’s a relatively inexpensive cut of meat that’s very flavorful.
– Onion: You can use white or yellow onion in this recipe, whichever you have on hand will work great.
– Garlic: I prefer to mince my own garlic as opposed to using jarred minced garlic because I think it has a better flavor.
– Green Chillis: I like to use canned green chillis in this recipe, but you can substitute regular peppers based on your own personal preferences.
– Chipotle Peppers: Please take caution when working with these peppers because they are incredibly spicy and hot!
– Limes: The fresh lime juice adds a wonderful flavor to this barbacoa.
– Cilantro: The cilantro is optional in this recipe, but I highly recommend it because it adds great flavor.
– Cumin: I like to use cumin in my beef recipes because it gives them so much flavor.
– Oregano: I prefer to use oregano in my beef recipes because it has a more authentic flavor.
– Vinegar: I prefer to use apple cider vinegar in this recipe.
– Salt & Pepper: You can add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
This easy crockpot chipotle beef barbacoa recipe results in succulent meat that falls apart at the slightest touch of a fork.
A perfect low carb meal that is also paleo and Whole30 compliant.
This chipotle beef barbacoa recipe tastes amazing served over cauliflower rice or on top of your favorite salad for a healthy meal full of protein
This crockpot recipe is something that you will definitely recommend to all my friends and family!
Super tasty and super easy!
Crockpot Chipotle Beef Barbacoa Recipe
This Crockpot Chipotle Beef Barbacoa is a slow cooker recipe that is perfect for a busy weeknight. If you love the barbacoa meat at Chipotle restaurant you will be in love with this beef barbacoa.
- 3 lbs chuck roast cubed
- 1 large onion diced
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 4oz can of green chilis
- 3 dried chipotle peppers chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 limes juiced
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Add all ingredients to the crockpot and stir.
- Cover and set the crockpot on low for 4-5 hours or 2-3 hours on high.
- When the meat is cooked, shred the meat with forks and cooked for another 30 min.
- Serve with low carb tacos
Amount Per Serving Calories 293Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 94mgSodium 284mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 29g