This Low-Carb Slow Cooker Beef Soup recipe is a hearty soup filled with amazing flavors.
Who doesn’t love a delicious, hearty soup? Especially when it’s low-carb and easy to make.
This dish is practically foolproof—you just need to throw everything in your slow cookers and walk away!
Just 3g of carbs per serving!
It’s also budget-friendly and easy to throw together with just a few ingredients!
You can also use any type of meat or vegetables you prefer.
So what are you waiting for?
Scroll down to see how this super tasty dish comes together!
Low-Carb Slow Cooker Beef Soup Ingredients
– Beef: I like to use chuck roast but any cut that has some fat and connective tissue will do.
– Bacon: I use about 4 sliced pieces. You can also use other meats if you prefer, like sausage!
– Onion: I like to use a sweet onion, but any type of onion will do. Just keep in mind that the higher the level of sugar, the sweeter it will be.
– Garlic: Fresh garlic tastes best so if you have some at home you should use it. But if not, garlic powder is fine.
– Beef broth: Any brand of beef bone broth will do.
– Tomato paste: Tomato paste give it a deeper flavor. But if you are out of tomato paste you can substitute it with a can of chopped tomatoes.
– Tomato: I like to use diced tomatoes but you can use any type of tomatoes you like.
– Carrot: Carrot is one of my favorite vegetables so I use a lot of it. You can skip it if you don’t like it.
– Rosemary: Fresh rosemary is best but you can use dried rosemary.
– Bay leaf: Bay leaf gives it a great aroma. Make sure to remove it before serving.
– Thyme: Dry or fresh thyme is fine.
– Salt and pepper: Fresh sea salt and freshly ground pepper are my favorite.
This recipe is for the ultimate slow cooker beef soup.
The ingredients are simple, but pack huge flavor that will satisfy even the pickiest eater!
Plus, it makes enough servings for leftovers on those days when you’re too busy to cook.
I make this recipe in my large, 6-quart slow-cooker. A 4-5 quart cooker would probably also work.
This beef soup can be made also in an instant pot with the same results.
Low-Carb Slow Cooker Beef Soup Recipe
This Low-Carb Slow Cooker Beef Soup recipe is a hearty soup filled with amazing flavors. It's also budget-friendly and easy to throw together with just a few ingredients!
- 1/4 lb bacon chopped
- 2 pounds beef chuck cubed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add chopped bacon.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until crispy and remove from the skillet to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, saute the beef cubes until browned on all sides.
- Remove the beef cubes and set them aside with the bacon.
- Add red wine vinegar and a small amount of beef broth to deglaze the pan, being sure to scrape up all of the bacon bits from the bottom of the skillet.
- Transfer liquid into your slow cooker along with the beef, bacon, rest of the beef broth, onion, garlic, carrot, tomato paste, diced tomatoes (with juice), salt and pepper, and herbs.
- Cover and cook on low for 4- 5 hours or on high for 2- 3 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 256Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 101mgSodium 897mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 35g