This Keto Thai iced tea is a refreshing drink that combines the flavors of tea and coconut milk.
Thai tea is a unique drink that combines black tea with spices and flavors like ginger, cardamom, anise, and cloves.
The result is a delicious and refreshing drink that is perfect for a hot day.
The tea provides antioxidants and other health benefits, while the coconut milk adds flavor and creaminess.
This drink is perfect for a hot day or as a refreshing snack.
The classic Thai iced tea is made with black tea, condense milk, and ice.
However, this keto version uses coconut milk instead of condense milk, and monk fruit for sweetness.
Keto Thai Iced Tea Ingredients
– Thai tea mix: Make sure to use Thai tea mix, not English breakfast tea or Earl Grey. Thai tea has a unique flavor that is essential for this recipe.
– Coconut milk: I prefer to use full-fat canned coconut milk for this recipe. You may substitute with heavy cream or half and half if you prefer.
– Monk fruit: Monk fruit is a natural sweetener that can add flavor to your tea without any added carbs. You can find monk fruit at most health food stores. You may substitute with erythritol or another keto-friendly sweetener.
– Ice: For best results, use crushed ice to make your iced tea extra icy and refreshing.
A traditional Thai iced tea is made with black tea, spices, and sugar.
It’s then poured over ice and served with a sweetened condensed milk.
But this low carb Thai iced tea recipe version is a refreshing, sugar-free drink just as good as the original Thai drink.
This low carb iced tea is the perfect summertime drink!
It’s light, refreshing, and takes less than 5 minutes to make.
Best of all, keto Thai iced tea is low in carbs and contains no artificial ingredients, so you can enjoy it guilt-free.
Notes: If you can get the Thai tea mix in the international section of your grocery store, that will save you some time and effort. If you can’t find Thai tea mix, you can make your own instead.
Homemade Thai Tea Mix
You can also make your own homemade Thai tea mix if you prefer.
Just be sure to use high-quality black tea leaves and the right spices for optimal flavor.
Some good options include star anise, cinnamon, cloves, and cardamom pods.
This Keto Thai iced tea is a refreshing drink that combines the flavors of tea and coconut milk. The result is a delicious drink that is perfect for a hot day.
- 1 cup Thai tea mix
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp monk fruit
- Crushed ice
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the Thai tea mix and water over medium heat until well combined.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Set aside add sugar stir and let it cool slightly.
- In a glass full of ice, pour cooled tea about 3/4 of the way full.
- Top off with coconut milk and stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately and Enjoy!
If you can get the Thai tea mix in the international section of your grocery store, that will save you some time and effort. If you can't find Thai tea mix, you can make your own instead.
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 6mgSodium 25mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 2g