Thai tea is a delicious drink that can be made at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Making your own homemade Thai tea mix is a great way to save money and customize the flavor of your tea.
This Thai tea recipe yields a strong, flavorful tea that can be enjoyed hot or cold.
It’s perfect for enjoying on a hot day, and it’s easy to customize to your own taste.
Plus, making it yourself saves you money compared to buying it pre-made.
So why not give it a try?
Homemade That Tea Mix Ingredients
– Black tea: I prefer to use Ceylon black tea for this recipe. You can find it at most health food stores or online.
– Cardamom: Cardamom adds a unique flavor to this tea mix. If you can’t find it, you may substitute with another spice like cloves or cinnamon.
– Anise: Star anise adds a licorice flavor to the tea mix. You may skip this ingredient or substitute with a different spice if you prefer.
– Cloves: Cloves add a spicy flavor to the tea mix.
– Cinnamon stick: Cinnamon sticks adds a warm flavor to the tea mix. You can either add a whole stick to the mix or grind it up and add some of the ground spice.
– Sugar: This recipe calls for sugar, but you can customize it to your own taste by adding a different keto sweetener like monk fruit or erythritol.
– Half and half: I like to add a bit of half and half to my tea for a creamy flavor. You can also use coconut milk, or cream.
The classic Thai tea is a delicious beverage that is often enjoyed in Thailand.
It is a blend of black tea, spices, and sweetened condensed milk.
To make Thai tea at home, you can mix black tea with spices such as star anise, cardamom, and cloves.
You can also add cream or coconut milk to make a delicious and refreshing low carb Thai iced tea.
To make a sugar free Thai tea, simply omit the sugar or substitute with a keto-friendly sweetener like monk fruit.
This keto Thai tea recipe is easy to make and can be enjoyed hot or cold.
It’s perfect for those warm summer days or chilly winter nights.
Try it out and see for yourself just how delicious homemade Thai tea can be!
Notes: I like to separate into individual servings jars or glasses and store in the fridge for easy access.
I also freeze some in ice cube trays and add the frozen cubes to my glass of iced tea for a cool treat!
Enjoy your delicious homemade Thai tea any time you like!
Homemade Thai tea is a delicious drink that can be made at home with just a few simple ingredients. Can be enjoyed hot or cold. Perfect for those warm summer days or chilly winter nights.
- 2 tbsp black tea
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 tbsp monk fruit
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the black tea, cardamom pods, star anise, cinnamon stick, and cloves to the water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the monk fruit sweetener and remove from heat.
- Allow the tea to cool for a few minutes.
- Add tea into a glass full of ice cubes.
- Pour the half and half into the glass.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade Thai tea!
- I like to separate into individual servings in jars or glasses and store in the fridge for easy access.
- I also freeze some in ice cube trays and add the frozen cubes to my glass of iced tea for a cool treat!
Amount Per Serving Calories 82Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 21mgSodium 49mgCarbohydrates 5gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 2g