This herb roasted chicken is crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside with a rich herb buttery flavor.
If you are looking for Keto Chicken Recipes you will find them here!
This roasted chicken recipe creates a nice juice to drizzle on top or on the side of the chicken.
It’s not only sinfully delicious but no one will believe that is low carb and healthy.
If you have leftover roasted chicken it makes a great lunch the next day.
Leftovers make the perfect easy weeknight meal or lunches for the week for you and the kiddos.
This recipe will become one of your family’s favorites!
Herb Roasted Chicken Ingredients
– Whole chicken: Purchase a whole chicken if you plan on roasting a larger chicken.
– Butter: It gives the chicken a more full robust flavor. I like to use salted butter, but feel free to use unsalted.
– Thyme: Fresh thyme is best. The dried version doesn’t pack as much flavor, but it still works in a pinch!
– Oregano: Dry oregano works perfectly in this recipe.
– Onion powder: Onion powder is basically dehydrated onion flakes. It’s a great way to add extra flavor without having to chop up an onion!
– Garlic powder: Again, garlic powder is dehydrated garlic flakes. It’s a great way to add flavor without having to chop up any garlic cloves.
– Paprika: I use either sweet or hot, with the difference only being how mild or how spicy the paprika is.
– Lemon: Fresh lemon cut into wedges is best.
– Sant and pepper: Freshly ground salt and pepper.
This roasted chicken recipe never fails me. The herbs give it a delicious flavor, and the chicken always comes out moist and tender.
The results are the same every time, with the herbs having permeated throughout the meat and infusing it with flavor.
I like to make a big batch of roasted vegetables to go with it, and then I have a delicious and healthy meal that’s perfect for any night of the week.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy roasted chicken recipe, this one is for you.
Herb Roasted Chicken Recipe
This herb roasted chicken is crispy on the outside, tender and juicy on the inside with a rich herb buttery flavor. Leftovers make the perfect easy weeknight meal or lunches for the week for you and the kiddos.
- 4 pound whole chicken
- 6 tbs room temperature butter
- 2 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the giblets and neck from the chicken cavity and discard. Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together butter, thyme, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Place some of the butter mixture under the skin of the chicken breasts and in the cavity and all over the outside of the chicken.
- Stuff half of the lemon into the cavity and place chicken breast side up in roasting pan and add chicken stock at the bottom of pan.
- Place chicken in oven and bake for about 90 minutes total or until done (165 degrees F on meat thermometer). Baste every 20 minutes or so.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 672Total Fat 43gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 23gCholesterol 231mgSodium 724mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 64g