Low carb Crockpot Beef Bourguignon is a delicious dish that can be cooked overnight.
This beef stew recipe has all the flavors of this classic French dish but without the long cooking time and the carbs.
The slow cooker is a wonderful invention that makes it easy to cook delicious dishes for dinner.
So I created this recipe, which is low carb and made in the crockpot. It’s so tasty and everyone loves it!
It’s perfect for cold winter days and nights.
Low carb Crockpot Beef Bourguignon Ingredients
– Beef: I like to use chuck roast but any cut that has some fat and connective tissue will do.
– Bacon: I use half a pound for this recipe.
– Onion: I like to use a sweet onion, but any type of onion will do. Just keep in mind that the higher the level of sugar, the sweeter it will be.
– Garlic: Fresh garlic tastes best so if you have some at home you should use it. But if not, garlic powder is fine.
– Beef broth: Any brand of beef bone broth will do.
– Tomato paste: Tomato paste give it a deeper flavor. But if you are out of tomato paste you can substitute it with a can of chopped tomatoes.
– Wine: You can use a dry red wine to reduce the number of carbs.
– Carrot: Carrot is one of my favorite vegetables so I use a lot of it. You can skip it if you don’t like it.
– Mushroom: I like to use baby portobello mushrooms because they have a meatier texture than regular button mushrooms. But if you don’t have them just use white button mushrooms.
– Bay leaf: Bay leaf gives it a great aroma. Make sure to remove it before serving.
– Thyme: Dry or fresh thyme is fine.
– Xanthan gum: Xanthan gum helps to thicken the sauce. If you don’t have it you can use a tablespoon of almond flour or arrowroot powder.
– Salt and pepper: Fresh sea salt and freshly ground pepper are my favorite.
This keto beef Bourguignon can be made in an Instant Pot or slow cooker.
It is the perfect low-carb dish to make ahead of time for the whole week.
I find that cooking this beef stew recipe in the crockpot gives it lots of flavor and the meat is super tender.
The slow cooker is one of my favorite kitchen appliances.
I love that you can just set it up in the morning and when you get home at night, dinner is ready.
Low Carb Crockpot Beef Bourguignon Recipe
A Low carb Crockpot Beef Bourguignon with has all the flavors of this classic French dish but without the long cooking time and the carbs.
- 1.5 pounds of chuck roast cubed
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 4 ounces bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup dry red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 carrot sliced
- 16 oz mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet cook the bacon until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove the bacon and add beef cubes browning on all sides.
- In a slow cooker place the beef, bacon, and onions.
- Mix xanthan gum with a few tablespoons of water until completely dissolved.
- Add all the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker or crockpot.
- Stir well to combine everything.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- When ready to serve remove the lid and stir.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 427Total Fat 27gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 113mgSodium 761mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 37g