This Crockpot Low Carb Sloppy Joes are packed with flavor and perfect for a low carb diet. It can be made any season since the crockpot does all the work. This is the best low carb meal idea ever!
The combination of ground beef, green bell pepper and onion makes a classic meat sauce that everyone will love.
The good thing about this recipe is that you can add or remove ingredients that you don’t like or you just don’t have in your fridge at the moment.
The perfect keto-friendly dinner idea for busy Moms!
Crockpot Low Carb Sloppy Joes Ingredients
– Ground beef: I like to use 80% ground meat. However any ground beef will work.
– Sausage: You can choose to use sweet sausage, mild or hot sausage. My family and I use hot sausage.
– Onion: You can use white or yellow onion in this recipe, whichever you have on hand will work great.
– Garlic: I prefer to mince my own garlic as opposed to using jarred minced garlic because I think it has a better flavor. You can also use garlic powder. It works just as well as fresh garlic in this crockpot recipe.
– Green pepper: You can choose to use green, red or yellow peppers. I usually use green peppers because it is what my family has on hand most of the time.
– Crushed tomato: I use a medium can of crushed tomatoes in this recipe.
– Mustard: I use yellow mustard because that is what my family prefers.
– Vinegar: I prefer to use apple cider vinegar in this recipe.
– Cayenne pepper: You can either add a dash of cayenne pepper or just completely omit it from this recipe.
– Xantam gum: You can omit xanthum gum from this recipe, however if you do omit it your sloppy joes might be a little runny.
– Salt & Pepper: You can add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
I like to make a big batch of this for meal prep and also heat up for extra dinners or for lunches.
I like to make this ground beef recipe in the Instant Pot when I am short in time.
I store my Crockpot Low Carb Sloppy Joes in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge
If you are looking for a quick, easy and delicious weeknight meal idea look no further!
Crockpot Low Carb Sloppy Joes Recipe
This Crockpot Low Carb Sloppy Joes are packed with flavor and perfect for a low carb diet. It can be made any season since the crockpot does all the work.
- 1.5 pound of ground beef
- 1 lb ork sausage
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 can crushed tomato
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp xantham gum
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and sausage over medium-high heat. Drain the fat and set aside.
- In the same skillet, sauté the onions and peppers until they are soft.
- Stir in the tomato paste, mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, and xantham gum until everything is well combined.
- Add the beef and sausage to the skillet and mix everything together.
- Pour the mixture into a crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 422Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 110mgSodium 633mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 30g