Here is a wonderful low carb leftover turkey chili that will blow your socks off!
It uses leftover turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner.
Your family will love these leftover turkey recipes.
A great option when you are on a low carb diet, this recipe is healthy, delicious and full of flavor.
And guess what? It is extremely easy to make!
Just combine the ingredients in a large pot, let them simmer for approximately one hour, and voila!
Delicious low carb leftover turkey chili will be ready to be served.
This keto chili tastes even better after a day or two in the fridge, so you can make it ahead of time if you have a busy schedule.
Another great tip is to use an instant pot or a slow cooker.
It makes cooking any meal from scratch easy and fast.
So, what are you waiting for? Start making this amazing low carb leftover turkey chili right away!
Low carb leftover turkey chili Ingredients
Leftover cooked Turkey: Use any part of the leftover turkey that you prefer. Breast meat is most commonly used in this recipe, but feel free to use a whole turkey if you have one!
– Green bell pepper: The green peppers not only add flavor but also a pop of color.
– Jalapeño: You can add as much or as little jalapeño as you like. One pepper is enough to give it a kick, but if you like spicy foods, throw in two!
– Garlic: Minced garlic is a must-have for this recipe. Since we are using it in a large amount, you might want to add more if you really love garlic.
– Ground cumin: I have been using ground cumin in most of my recipes lately, and I absolutely love the taste!
– Chili powder: A great addition if you like spicy food.
– Cayenne pepper: Add a pinch if you want your chili to have a very mild spiciness.
– Canned tomato: Tomato adds thickness and additional flavor to the chili. Use crushed or diced tomatoes.
– Chicken broth: Adds depth of flavor to the chili. Feel free to use water instead if you prefer.
– Fresh cilantro: Since I am a huge cilantro fan, I always add it to my chili. Feel free to omit the herb if you do not like it or are allergic.
– Oregano: Oregano is another herb that I love adding to chili because it adds a bit of sweetness.
– Paprika: Paprika makes this recipe even better! It gives the chili a wonderful smoky flavor that pairs well with the jalapeño and ground cumin.
– Pepper flakes: You can add as much pepper flakes as you want to your chili. Pepper flakes are a great addition if you love spicy food!
– Onion: I used a medium yellow onion because it’s what I had on hand. You may use any type of onion you like.
– Butter: Butter gives this recipe richness and depth. I like to use salted butter.
– Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper: To taste. I like to use sea salt and also ground the pepper fresh.
Look no further than this low carb chili recipe if you are on a low carb diet.
Not only is this dish quick and easy to prepare, but it tastes absolutely wonderful.
When choosing ingredients for this recipe, feel free to omit any of the spices or herbs if you don’t like them or are allergic to them.
A great addition if you love spicy food is to add more jalapeño or pepper flakes.
I hope you enjoy this easy low carb leftover turkey chili recipe as much as I do!
Low Carb Leftover Turkey Chili Recipe
Low Carb Leftover Turkey Chili Recipe
Here is a wonderful low carb leftover turkey chili that will blow your socks off! A great option when you are on a low carb diet, this recipe is healthy, delicious and full of flavor.
- 1 pound shredded leftover turkey
- 2 bell peppers cubed
- 2 onions cubed
- 1 jalapeño cubed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 8 cloves garlic crushed or minced
- 2 (14.5 oz cans) cans diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in large pot or dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add peppers, onions and jalapeño and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and sauté another 1-2 minutes.
- Add shredded leftover turkey, canned tomatoes (with juices) and chicken broth.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste as you go.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for about one hour stirring occasionally.
- Serve with sour cream, cheese, avocado and cilantro.
Note 1: For time saving Shred leftover turkey - I usually do this while the onions are sautéing by grabbing small chunks with my hands (so much faster than chopping!).
Note 2: I also like to cook this recipe in the slow cooker or instant pot, set it and forget it.
Amount Per Serving Calories 352Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 141mgSodium 874mgCarbohydrates 17gNet Carbohydrates 13gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 36g
More Turkey Leftover Recipes
Low Carb, Keto Leftover Turkey Salad