This Creamy Mashed Cauliflower is a low-carb and keto version of mashed potatoes made from cauliflower. It is a delicious low carb alternative that is sure to please.
You will not notice the difference in taste than it’s counterpart, the mashed potatoes – they taste just as good.
The secret to their deliciousness is in the mix-ins, which must be used in just the right quantities to transform them from unappetizing to mouthwatering.
You’ll be a convert after you’ve tried this Cauliflower Mashed!
How do you cook cauliflower to taste like mashed potatoes?
The secret to making cauliflower taste like potatoes is in the cooking method.
You focus on steaming the cauliflower until it becomes tender, but retaining a crisp bite – similar to al dente pasta.
After this step you mash them with butter and put them into the oven for 5 minutes to give them a golden color and crispy texture.
Finally, you add a combination of your favorite mash-ins resulting in delicious & creamy keto mashed cauliflower that tastes just like potatoes.
Related: Keto Meal Prep Ideas
Mashed cauliflower Ingredients you’ll need
– Cauliflower: You will want to use fresh cauliflower in this recipe. If purchased frozen, make sure to thaw and dry before mashing it.
– Heavy cream: In order to get a luscious and creamy mash, you need to use fresh heavy cream instead of milk.
– Butter: Salted or unsalted, your choice. This adds smoothes and tons of flavor. I use my garlic herb butter recipe to take it to the next level.
– Parmesan cheese: You can use fresh, shaved, or shredded parmesan cheese. Freshly grated is the best option. I love how it adds tons of flavor, saltines and nuttiness to the mashed cauliflower.
Related: Easy Caprese Salad
Mashed cauliflower recipe
Creamy Mashed Cauliflower is a low-carb and keto recipe that is sure to please. You'll be a convert after you've tried this Cauliflower Mashed!
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp (28 g) butter divided
- 1/4 cup (23 g) parmesan cheese, freshly grated or shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 C)
- Chop cauliflower head into florets.
- Place the chopped cauliflower in steamer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drain well in a colander or let it drain in a kitchen towel.
- Place the cauliflower in the food processor (use an immersion blender or blender if you don't have food processor)
- Add remaining ingredients (save 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese)
Pulse or blend everything together until smooth, but still has a bit of firmness.
- Once smooth, transfer the mashed cauliflower to an oven-safe dish and top with remaining Parmesan cheese and place in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Take out and top with butter and serve.
Amount Per Serving Calories 62Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 4mgSodium 117mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 5gSugar 4gProtein 4g
More Side Dish Recipes
Grilled Low Carb Carrots a delicious and healthy side dish that is perfect for any occasion. Great for a low carb meal prep for those busy nights.