These cheesy cauliflower fritters are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside also low carb and keto-friendly.
They are perfect as a side dish or appetizer at just 4g net carbs per serving!
If you are a lover of all things cheesy then you will love these cheesy fritters.
You can make them ahead of time and reheat them in the oven when you are ready to serve.
These 5-ingredient cauliflower fritters are a great way to use up leftover cauliflower rice or mashed cauliflower.
They are also a great way to sneak in some extra vegetables into your diet.
So, let’s get started!
Ingredients For Cheesy Cauliflower Fritters
– Cauliflower: A whole cauliflower cut into florets. You will need about 5 cups of cauliflower rice. If you are using cauliflower rice, make sure to squeeze out any excess moisture before adding it to the batter.
– Eggs: You will need 2 eggs to bind the ingredients together.
– Cheddar cheese: I like to use sharp cheddar cheese in these fritters but you can use a milder cheddar if you like.
– Parmesan cheese: I like to add a Parmesan cheese for extra flavor. I find that parmesan and cauliflower go really well together.
– Almond flour: Flour will help bind the ingredients together. You can use almond flour or coconut flour.
– Salt and pepper: I like to add a little bit of salt and pepper to taste.
How To Make Cheesy Cauliflower Fritters
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until it resembles rice. If you are using cauliflower rice, make sure to squeeze out any excess moisture before adding it to the batter.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, almond flour, salt and pepper.
- Add the riced cauliflower to the batter and mix until well combined.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure, scoop the batter into the hot skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the skillet and place on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy!
- These vegetable fritters are best fresh but can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
How To Squeeze Excess Moisture From Cauliflower Rice?
To get the moisture out of the cauliflower rice, you can either use a clean dish towel or cheesecloth.
Place the cauliflower rice onto the towel and then twist and squeeze to wring out the moisture.
If you do not have any of cheesecloth or cloth towel available just use paper towel. Make sure to double up on a paper towel.
Alternatively, you can also place the cauliflower rice into a colander and press down with a spoon to get rid of any excess moisture.
Looking for a delicious and easy way to enjoy cauliflower?
Try these Cheesy Cauliflower Fritters!
Fritters are the way to go, they are packed with flavor and perfect for dipping.
Who doesn’t like cheesy cauliflower?
These cheesy cauliflower fritters are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside also low carb and keto-friendly. Quick and easy 5-ingredient cauliflower fritters.
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor, pulse the cauliflower until it resembles rice.
- In a large bowl, mix together the riced cauliflower, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, almond flour, eggs, salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter to the skillet and flatten into a patty.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Cook fritters for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
These fritters are best fresh but can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in a 350 degree F oven for 10 minutes or until warmed through.
Amount Per Serving Calories 302Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 108mgSodium 523mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 18g