This low carb zucchini fritters recipe is so easy and delicious!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, they’re crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
The best part? they are just 4g of net carbs per serving!
Serve these keto zucchini fritters for breakfast, lunch, or dinner – they make a great healthy meal or snack any time of day.
You can serve them plain, or top them with your favorite sauce or condiment.
They’re also great as part of an appetizer or pair them with a salad for a complete meal.
If you’re looking for a tasty way to use up some zucchini, these low carb zucchini pancakes are it!
Let’s go ahead and get started with this low carb recipe!
Zucchini Fritters Ingredients
– Zucchini: They are key ingredient! Be sure to select zucchini that are fresh and firm. Avoid zucchini that are overly ripe or have soft spots.
– Egg: I like to use one large egg in this recipe, but you could also use two smaller eggs if that’s what you have on hand. Eggs are used as a binding agent in this keto recipe.
– Almond Flour: I like to use almond flour because it’s a low carb flour that is also gluten free. If you can’t have nuts, you could try using coconut flour instead. Flour This helps to absorb any excess moisture from the zucchini and gives the fritters a crispy texture.
– Parmesan Cheese: I like to add parmesan cheese for flavor. I find that it really enhances the flavor of these fritters. You could also use cheddar cheese, or any other cheese that you like.
– Salt and Pepper: Be sure to season your fritters with salt and pepper to taste.
– Oil: You’ll need some oil for frying up these fritters. I like to use avocado oil because it has a high smoke point and is healthy. You could also use olive oil, coconut oil, or any other oil that you like.
How To Make Low Carb Zucchini Fritters
- Start by grating your zucchini using a cheese grater or food processor. If you’re using a food processor, be sure to use the shredding attachment.
- Sprinkle the shredded zucchini with salt and let it sit for a few minutes. This will help to draw out some of the water from the zucchini.
- After a few minutes, place the zucchini in a clean dish towel and squeeze out any excess water.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded zucchini, egg, almond flour, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot, drop heaping spoonfuls of the zucchini batter into the pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the pan and place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb any excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or condiment. I like to serve mine with sour cream and chives.
How To Squeeze Excess Moisture From zucchini?
To get the moisture out of the shredded zucchini, you can either use a clean dish towel or cheesecloth.
Place the shredded zucchini onto the towel and then twist and squeeze to wring out the moisture.
If you do not have any of cheesecloth or cloth towel available just use paper towel. Make sure to double up on a paper towel.
Alternatively, you can also place the zucchini into a colander and press down with a spoon to get rid of any excess moisture.
I love fritters, anything that is fried is usually a winner in my book.
This 5-ingredient zucchini fritters recipe is no exception!
I love the fact that this keto zucchini fritters can be reheated in the microwave, oven or in the frying pan and still taste great!
This zucchini fritters turn out crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
The key to making these fritters crispy is to squeeze as much water out of the grated zucchini as possible.
I use a clean dish towel and wring it out really well.
If you don’t do this, your fritters will be soggy.
Another tip is to make sure that your pan is hot before adding the batter.
Now let’s get cooking!
This low carb zucchini fritters recipe is so easy and delicious! 5-ingredien zucchini fritters with just 4g of carbs per serving!
- 3 large zucchini, grated
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- Start by grating your zucchini using a cheese grater or food processor. See NOTES for crispier fritters.
- In a large bowl, mix together the zucchini, egg, almond flour, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add enough oil to coat the bottom.
- Scoop 1/4 cup batter for each fritter and flatten slightly.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel and serve immediately with your favorite dipping sauce.
For crispier zucchini fritters, place the grated zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with salt.
Let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse and pat dry with a paper towel.
This will help to remove some of the moisture from the zucchini.
Amount Per Serving Calories 171Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 100mgSodium 284mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 10g