A delicious keto chicken cheese bake. This low carb chicken cheese bake is great for dinner and it makes a lovely dish to take to parties.
It’s creamy, cheesy, and the perfect comfort food.
A low carb chicken cheese bake with just 6g of carbs per serving!
A keto chicken recipe that is very easy to make, you just need a few minutes of preparation time before baking it in the oven.
This keto chicken cheese casserole is so tasty, you’ll be making this again and again!
Try this tasty casserole the next time you want a comforting dish to serve your family – they’re going to love it!
keto chicken cheese bake Ingredients
– Chicken: I use boneless chicken breasts and cut them into bite size pieces.
– Bacon: Bacon adds favoe and smokiness to this chicken cheese casserole.
– Onion: Any sweet onion will work here but the yellow onion is particularly nice in this dish.
– Cream cheese: The ingredient that makes this chicken cheese bake so creamy and delicious.
– Heavy cream: Adding heavy cream gives the chicken cheese casserole a richness that would be missing without it.
– Cheddar cheese: I use sharp cheddar but if you prefer mild cheddar that will work too.
– Mozarella cheese: The mozzarella topping on this creamy chicken casserole is what makes it so lovely!
– Parmesan cheese: Parmesan adds a depth of flavor that makes this chicken cheese bake extra flavorful.
– Mushroom: I use Baby Bella Mushrooms but any type of mushroom will work well.
– Paprika: This tasty spice adds a little bit of color and smokiness to the dish.
– Garlic powder: Garlic powder works great for this chicken recipe but feel free to use fresh mince garlic if you like.
– Salt and pepper: I use sea salt and freshly ground pepper to season my keto chicken casserole.
This keto chicken cheese bake can be made ahead of time and refrigerated until you are ready to bake.
Perfect for meal prep!
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for a few days or frozen in individual servings.
You can pack some in your kids’ lunchboxes, too.
This keto chicken casserole can be served alone or with a keto side dish such as spinach or a salad.
Try out this easy-to-make low-carb chicken cheese bake recipe and let me know what you think.
I love to hear if you liked it!
Keto Chicken Cheese Bake Recipe
A delicious keto chicken cheese bake that is creamy, cheesy, and the perfect comfort food. A low carb chicken cheese casserole perfect for meal prep!
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 onion diced
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz baby mushroom sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 inch casserole dish by coating it with butter and set aside.
- In a skillet, cook the chicken until browned about 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from pan and in the same skillet, fry the bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon and sautee onions and mushrooms in the bacon fat.
- In a sauce pan, mix cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese, parmesan cheese, sal, pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat and whisk until smooth.
- Combine bacon, chicken, mushrooms and onions in the casserole dish.
- Pour cheese sauce over them and mix to combine.
- Layer mozzarella cheese over the top and bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes until cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 559Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 154mgSodium 1426mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 43g