This keto buffalo chicken meatballs recipe uses a classic buffalo chicken flavor profile to create a delicious low carb appetizer that will have the whole party going wild.
Low carb meats make the best keto appetizers and you can never go wrong with classic buffalo chicken flavor.
At just 4g carbs per serving, you won’t find a more delicious low-carb appetizer!
These Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are also easy to make ahead of time and freeze!
Just reheat them in your oven or microwave and serve as a tasty low carb appetizer for any party, gathering, or event.
So fire up the oven and get ready to rock these easy to make delicious buffalo chicken meatballs.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Ingredients
– Chicken: Ground chicken is the best option for this recipe. Sometimes when I feel fancy I ground my own chicken meat.
– Almond flour: Almond flour is a low-carb keto staple in my kitchen. You can substitute coconut flour.
– Hot Sauce: Any hot sauce but you can also use Tabasco or any other quality hot sauce for this recipe.
– Eggs: One large egg at room temperature.
– Green onion: Green onion also known as scallions finely chopped.
– Garlic powder: You can substitute with garlic oil or fresh minced garlic.
– Onion powder: This gives a nice onion flavor to the meatballs.
– Salt and pepper: I use sea salt instead of table salt because it has a better flavor for this recipe. You can also substitute with Himalayan pink salt if you prefer.
– Sugar: I like to add a bit of keto friendly sugar such as monk fruit or erythritol.
These chicken meatballs are low carb, keto and gluten-free and pairs really well with these keto onion rings.
I like to add a bit of sweetness with sugar which I find is the best option for this recipe.
This gives these buffalo meatballs an Asian-inspired taste.
This is just my preference, feel free to omit any sweeteners from the recipe.
These chicken meatballs are oven-baked, but this keto buffalo meatball recipe can also be done on the Air Fryer.
That way you can enjoy this buffalo chicken meatball recipe without having to heat up your kitchen.
This is a perfect keto appetizer for summer parties, gatherings and events.
Keto Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Recipe
This keto buffalo chicken meatballs recipe uses a classic buffalo chicken flavor profile to create a delicious low carb appetizer. This keto buffalo meatballs are baked but can also be done on the Air Fryer.
For the Chicken
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 springs of green onion finely chopped
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
For the Sauce
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 tsp monk fruit
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients for the chicken into a large bowl and mix until completely combined.
- Roll into tablespoon sized meatballs and place on a parchment-lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning once after 15-20 minutes.
- On a pan combine all ingredients for the sauce and cook over med heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss the cooked meatballs into the sauce.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Serving Size3 Meatballs
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 168mgSodium 2193mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 29g