This Low Carb Garlic Mashed Turnips dish is so good, you’ll never miss the potatoes!
These turnips are mashed with garlic, butter and salt to give them a delicious flavor.
A great low carb substitute for mashed potatoes that is full of flavor!
Comforting and delicious, this is a great low carb side dish for any meal!
Indulge with this creamy goodness while sticking to your low carb diet.
They’re perfect for a side dish or a light lunch.
Let’s take this turnips to the next level, creamy garlicky and buttery deliciousness.
Low Carb Garlic Mashed Turnips Ingredients
– Turnips: Peel the turnips and cut into cubes. For easy a quick turnaround i like to cute the cubes in the small side because this cuts cooking time.
– Garlic: Fresh garlic is my go-to for this keto side dish recipe. Peel the garlic and either minced it or crush it.
– Butter: I like to use salted butter in this recipe, but you can use olive oil if you prefer. I have to say butter takes this keto turnips to the next level!
– Heavy cream: This is a high-fat, low carb ingredient that adds richness and creaminess.
– Cream cheese: This keto friendly ingredient thickens the turnips and gives them a delicious creamy texture.
– Salt and pepper: I love using either Sea salt or Himalayan salt. As for the pepper freshly ground pepper is always best.
This keto turnip mash have a slightly sweet and earthy flavor, and they mash up nicely.
If you’re looking for a low carb side dish to replace mashed potatoes, look no further!
Turnips are naturally low in carbs, and they are also gluten-free.
With just 5 simple ingredients, you can make this keto garlic mashed turnips dish in no time.
So, what are you waiting for?
Try this delicious keto side dish today!
Note: Make sure to add enough salt to the water to boil the turnips.
Low Carb Garlic Mashed Turnips Recipe
This Low Carb Garlic Mashed Turnips dish is so good, you'll never miss the potatoes! An easy keto side dish with just 5 ingredients!
- 2 pound turnips, peeled and cubed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, cover the turnips with water and bring to a boil. Make sure to add enough salt to the water.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the turnips are fork tender.
- Drain the turnips and set aside.
- Add the butter and garlic to the pot and cook over low heat for about 3 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the heavy cream and cream cheese to the pot, whisk and cook until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add the turnips to the pot and mash with a potato masher or an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Make sure to add enough sal to the water to boil the turnips.
Amount Per Serving Calories 162Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 38mgSodium 166mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 3gSugar 5gProtein 3g