Are you ready to make the best low-carb side dish ever? This easy keto creamed spinach recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
I’m really excited to share this incredible low carb creamed spinach recipe with you today.
There are going to be a ton of amazing low carb food options when you’re following the keto diet but this is one of my favorites.
It’s rich, creamy, velvety and loaded with flavors.
It’s also easy to make and keto-friendly.
This recipe for keto creamed spinach will teach you how to make a perfect side dish that’s so good, no one will even guess it’s low-carb.
Creamed spinach is a classic side dish that everyone loves. Making it low carb is easy with the right ingredients.
This creamy spinach recipe gives you all of that, plus more.
It’s a dish that your family is sure to enjoy.
It pairs really well with a nice juicy steak.
And since this keto creamed spinach recipe is low-carb and gluten-free, it’s a great option if you’re following the ketogenic diet.
You can’t go wrong with this dish to accompany your favorite meal.
Keto Creamed Spinach Ingredients
– Spinach: Fresh spinach is best for this recipe. If you’re using frozen spinach, thaw it out in advance. Make sure to drain the extra liquid from thawed spinach.
– Butter: Use salted butter because it has the best flavor.
– Garlic: Minced garlic is best for this recipe, but you can also chop or crush the garlic instead.
– Onions: I like to use a small yellow onion. Sometime for a milder flavor I use shallots.
– Cream cheese: Use full fat whole milk cream cheese. Stay away from low-fat or fat free because they have added sugars.
– Parmesan cheese: You’ll want to use freshly grated Parmesan cheese, not the stuff in the can.
– Heavy cream: This ingredient is what makes or breaks this recipe. You can use half-and-half instead of heavy cream, but it won’t be nearly as creamy.
– Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper: To taste. I like to use sea salt and also ground the pepper fresh.
As far as the ingredients go, this recipe is pretty simple.
You’ll notice that it’s really easy to make and doesn’t require many ingredients.
Most likely you already have all of these ingredients in your kitchen.
And if you don’t, you’re going to want them in your kitchen.
These ingredients are pretty standard for a lot of low-carb dishes and they’re extremely common in keto recipes.
This low carb recipe is going to be one of your favorite side dishes because it’s so easy to make and tastes great.
Just remember to use full-fat whole milk cream cheese because it’s what makes the dish rich and creamy.
Easy Keto Creamed Spinach Recipe
Easy Keto Creamed Spinach Recipe
This easy keto creamed spinach recipe is sure to become a family favorite. It's rich, creamy, velvety, loaded flavors and low carb.
- 2 bunch of fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot over medium heat; add 2 tablespoons butter, chopped onion and garlic. Sauté until onions are soft.
- Add the spinach leaves to the pan stirring constantly until wilted (2-3 minutes).
- Add the cream cheese, heavy cream, salt and pepper and mix until melted.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve.
Note1: You can use half-and-half instead of heavy cream, but it won't be nearly as creamy.
Note 2: If you're using frozen spinach, thaw it out in advance. Make sure to drain the extra liquid from thawed spinach.
Amount Per Serving Calories 296Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 15gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 68mgSodium 518mgCarbohydrates 12gNet Carbohydrates 8gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 11g