This is a low-carb version of a great leftover turkey soup. It’s a delicious homemade soup that your family will love.
Your family will love these leftover turkey recipes.
Full of flavor and comforting. you can make this keto turkey soup just in minutes.
I love turkey and as a result, I try to find as many ways as possible to use up the leftovers.
In fact, this meal was so easy I had to laugh at myself for not having thought of it before.
This soup can be made in a dutch oven or a slow cooker.
The beauty of using a slow cooker or an instant pot is you can put it together in the morning before work, leave for the day and come home to a delicious turkey soup dinner!
I have been looking for a way to turn leftover turkey into something that tastes good and I think this soup works very well indeed.
Low Carb Leftover Turkey Soup Ingredients
– Leftover cooked Turkey: You can diced or shred the turkey meat.
– Cauliflower: chop florets into small pieces.
– Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper: To taste. I like to use sea salt and also ground the pepper fresh.
– Onion: Diced or finely chopped. Onions add a sweet flavor to this keto soup.
– Celery: Diced or finely chopped. Celery provides a nice subtle flavor.
– Carrot: Finely sliced. Carrots taste great and they add a nice color to this keto soup.
– Turkey Broth: You can use turkey broth or turkey stock. If you can’t find it you may substitute chicken broth.
– Garlic: Peel and crush two garlic cloves.
– Butter: I find that butter gives the soup more depth in flavor.
– Dill: A few sprigs of fresh dill, finely chopped.
This recipe for leftover turkey soup is a very simple one and you may add any mix vegetables or other ingredients that you enjoy.
Instead of potatoes I use cauliflower and carrot because it adds a lot of flavor and makes for a hearty soup.
Your entire family will love this recipe for leftover turkey soup.
To make your life easier you can use the slow cooker for this turkey soup.
Simply just add all ingredients into the slow cooker and turn on low heat for a few hours.
Your family will love coming home to a delicious bowl of hot flavorful soup, ready for them to eat after a long day at work or school.
Low Carb Leftover Turkey Soup Recipe
This is a low-carb version of a great leftover turkey soup. A hearty leftover turkey soup and delicious homemade soup that your family will love.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ½ cup celery chopped
- ¼ cup carrot sliced
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 quart turkey stock
- 4 cups cooked turkey meat shredded
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrot. Cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables become tender.
- Add the cauliflower and garlic cloves. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add turkey stock, shredded turkey meat, salt, pepper and dill. Taste and add more salt or pepper to your liking.
- Allow to simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes or until cauliflower and carrots are tender.
Amount Per Serving Calories 356Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 151mgSodium 2117mgCarbohydrates 12gNet Carbohydrates 10gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 47g