Yes it’s that time of year, Thanksgivings is gone and you have all those big dinners leftover. This low carb leftover turkey casserole is the perfect way to re-purpose all those leftovers.
Your family will love these leftover turkey recipes.
To me this is comfort food at its best. It’s also very easy to make.
I’m making this Low Carb Leftover Turkey Casserole recipe the very next day after Thanksgiving.
If you are like me and tend to make way way too much food on holidays, this turkey casserole is a great leftover recipe for using up all that turkey.
This creamy turkey casserole is really easy to make.
It really is just a matter of layering the ingredients in a casserole pan.
I use crushed pork rinds in this recipe.
Pork rinds are actually my favorite ingredient to add when I make dishes like this.
It’s also great because the crushed pork rinds really crisp up in the oven.
Low Carb Leftover Turkey Casserole Ingredients
– Leftover cooked Turkey: You can diced or shred the turkey meat.
– Broccoli: Cut into small bite size piece florets.
– Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper: To taste. I like to use sea salt and also ground the pepper fresh.
– Onion powder: Optional.
– Bell pepper: Chop the pepper into bite size pieces. I like to use a red bell pepper for a pop of color and sweetness.
– Pork rinds: Crush the pork rinds.
– Cream cheese: Leave the cream cheese outside to get to room temperature.
– Garlic: Peel and crush two garlic cloves.
– Cheddar cheese: Shredded or sliced is ok to use.
This recipe for leftover turkey is very simple and yet very delicious and scrumptious.
I actually prefer this Low Carb Leftover Turkey Casserole recipe over turkey sandwiches.
Leftover turkey is already seasoned because it’s prepared with all the traditional holiday seasonings.
This recipe is basically like comfort food on high !!!
Leftover turkey casserole is very versatile too.
You can add almost any ingredients your heart desires.
I like to add chopped broccoli florets and also red bell pepper because I love the color and sweetness.
I also love adding some onion powder and crushed garlic too.
One important tip is to leave the cream cheese out of the refrigerator so that it becomes nice and spreadable.
I also use a food processor to grind up the pork rinds so that they look like breadcrumbs.
If you don’t have a food processor place the pork rinds in a ziplock bag and crush it with a glass or bottle.
The pork rinds also become nice and crispy.
Pork Rinds are actually a very good low carb ingredient to use and it’s very budget friendly too.
There is no need to be intimidated by the ingredients in this recipe, because I promise you this will be the best leftover turkey casserole you will make.
Low Carb Leftover Turkey Casserole Recipe
This low carb leftover turkey casserole is the perfect way to re-purpose all those leftovers. This recipe for leftover turkey is very simple and yet very delicious and scrumptious.
- 1 pound leftover turkey flaked or chopped.
- 3 cups broccoli florets.
- 1 red bell pepper cubed.
- 1/2 cup crushed pork rinds.
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature.
- 8 oz cheddar cheese.
- 2 cloves garlic crushed.
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, bell peppers, broccoli and turkey. Cook turning for about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onion powder and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook for 1 more minute and remove from heat.
- Add the cream cheese and mix until soften and mixed.
- Pour in baking dish and sprinkle with cheddar cheese and pork rinds.
- Bake for 30 minutes and then broil for 2 minutes to brown the top.
Amount Per Serving Calories 358Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 120mgSodium 460mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 27g