This delicious coconut lime chicken is low carb and it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
If you are looking for Keto Chicken Recipes look no further!
The best part about this chicken recipe is its unique flavor.
The combination of flavors from the coconut milk, lime juice, and garlic really give this dish a unique and delicious flavor profile.
It’s also very easy to make, so it’s perfect for a busy weeknight dinner.
The low carb lime chicken is low carb, keto-friendly, paleo, gluten free and Whole30.
A one pan meal that is easy to make!
coconut lime chicken Ingredients
– Chicken drumstick: I use about 2 chicken drumstick per person, but you can use as many as you want. This recipe is scalable.
– Butter: Salted butter is what I like to use to add more flavor. However, if you only have unsalted butter that is fine.
– Garlic: You’ll need about 2 cloves of minced garlic for this recipe.
– Coconut milk: Make sure you get the full fat version of coconut milk.
– Limes: 2 limes should do the trick; I’m going for a nice and tangy lime flavor here.
– Pepper flakes: A pinch or two should do the trick; this will give your chicken a nice kick. Feel free to add more if you like your food a tad bit more spicy.
– Salt and pepper: Salt and pepper to taste
If you are tired and bored of the same ol’ chicken recipes, then this coconut lime chicken is for you!
This keto meal is jam-packed with flavor.
It’s ready in less than 30 minutes and it’s perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
The best part about this dish is its unique flavors, tangy, creamy, and slightly sweet.
The combination of coconut and lime is delicious and refreshing.
Give this dish a try, I’m sure that you will like it.
It’s one of my favorite recipes.
Note: To give the chicken a deeper golden color and some crispiness put under the broil for 2-3 minutes.
Coconut Lime Chicken Recipe
This delicious coconut lime chicken is low carb and it's ready in less than 30 minutes. The combination of flavors from the coconut milk, lime juice, and garlic really give this dish a unique and delicious flavor profile.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 tsp pepper flakes
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt & pepper and place in a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add garlic, and pepper flakes and sauté for 1 minute.
- Pour in coconut milk and lime juice and stir to combine. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken in the casserole dish and sprinkle with lime zest.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with cauliflower rice or a low carb side of your choice.
To give the chicken a deeper golden color and some crispiness put under the broil for 2-3 minutes.
Amount Per Serving Calories 492Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 239mgSodium 359mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 45g