This keto chicken fajitas recipe will leave you asking for more!
These low-carb chicken fajitas are a great way to enjoy Mexican food without the guilt.
A quick and simple one pan meal that is very easy to make with few ingredients.
You can make this chicken recipe in less than 30 minutes.
These Mexican chicken fajitas are ideal for busy weeknights.
I love to serve them with avocado and sour cream on the side as well as some warm low-carb tortillas.
They also make a great keto lunch idea.
They are great for meal prep and you can easily make them ahead of time and warm them up when ready to eat.
Let’s get started with this easy keto chicken fajita recipe.
Keto Chicken Fajitas Ingredients
– Chicken breasts: I use boneless chicken breasts and cut them into thin strips.
– Peppers: I use one red bell pepper, one yellow pepper, and one green bell pepper. I cut them into strips. The sweetness on these peppers is different from each other and the color just looks beautiful in the dish.
– Onion: A medium onion sliced.
– Chilli powder: Chilli powder is a bit less spicy than cayenne pepper. You can use cayenne pepper if you prefer them to be spicier.
– Cumin: Cumin gives Mexican dishes its distinctive flavor.
– Garlic: I use 2 cloves of garlic minced.
– Olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is best for this recipe.
– Tortillas: Make sure to get low-carb tortillas. You can find them in most grocery stores.
– Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper: To taste. I like to use sea salt and also ground the pepper fresh.
You can have these keto chicken fajitas and serve them in a variety of ways:
1. Add them to a lettuce wrap if you are on a low-carb diet.
2. Serve them with low-carb tortillas and sour cream, cheese, and salsa.
3. You can also serve them with cauliflower rice or fresh cilantro lime zoodles.
Try out this easy-to-make low-carb chicken fajita recipe and let me know what you think.
I love to hear if you liked it!
Keto Chicken Fajitas Recipe
These keto chicken fajitas are a great way to enjoy Mexican food without the guilt. They are great for meal prep and you can easily make them ahead of time and warm them up when ready to eat.
- 1 pound Chicken breast sliced into thin strips
- ½ Red bell pepper sliced
- ½ Yellow bell pepper sliced
- ½ Green bell pepper sliced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 tbsp Chili powder
- ½ tbsp Cumin
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 Low-carb tortillas of choice (Optional)
- In a large skillet add two tablespoons of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken strips with salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Add chicken to skillet and cook for about 3 minutes before stirring.
- Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl add bell peppers, onions, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, stirring in with peppers and onions.
- Stir until everything is well combined and heated through (about 2-3 minutes)
- Serve on top of low-carb tortillas if you like along with some guacamole or sour cream.
Amount Per Serving Calories 288Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 96mgSodium 276mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 37g