Turn a zucchini in to a delicious zucchini noodles with pesto sauce.
I know you will love this zucchini recipe because it is so versatile.
It’s the low carb version of spaghetti pesto.
It can be served as a meal or as a side dish to your main entreé.
The beauty of this recipe is that it can easily be changed up by adding some protein such as grilled chicken, shrimp (prawns) or even leftover meat from the night before.
I like to make a large batch of pesto sauce and freeze half for another time.
It is great on eggs, chicken or fish dishes.
Zucchini Noodles with Pesto Sauce Ingredients
– Zucchini: I like to buy the pre-packaged zucchini noodles. It’s so much easier. If you prefer you can buy the zucchini and make your own zoodles with a spiralizer or mandolin.
– Garlic: Use fresh garlic for this zoodle recipe. Crushed or minced.
– Basil: I like to use fresh basil in my recipe. You can use the supermarket pre-packaged pesto instead if you prefer.
– Pine nuts: Toast then pine nuts before you add them to the pesto sauce.
– Lemon juice: Squeeze your own fresh lemon juice. The one you buy at the supermarket is usually bitter and isn’t good quality.
– Parmesan: Use finely grated parmesan cheese for this zoodle recipe and the best is the one you buy and grate at home.
– Olive oil: Use your olive oil of preference. I use extra virgin olive oil.
– Freshly Ground Salt & Pepper: To taste. I like to use sea salt and also ground the pepper fresh.
Your family will love this zoodle pesto recipe.
It is easy to make and oh so good for you too.
It’s ready in less than 20 minutes.
After trying zucchini fritters I was immediately in love with zucchini.
I find it a great recipe to make on a weeknights when you don’t feel like spending hours in the kitchen.
Pesto is an amazing sauce, you can use it with so many different dishes.
Not only does pesto have amazing flavors but paired with zucchini noodles you get a low-carb and high fiber recipe.
Once you try this recipe I know you’ll be hooked.
Zucchini Noodles With Pesto Sauce Recipe
Keto Zucchini noodle with pesto sauce. An amazing low carb version of Spaghetti with pesto sauce. Your family will love this zoodle pesto recipe.
- 2 pounds of pre-packaged zucchini noodles.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Make pesto sauce by adding basil leaves, crushed garlic, pine nuts, 1/3 cup olive oil, grated parmesan and lemon juice to food processor or blender and blending until smooth.
- In a large pan cook zucchini noodles with remaining olive oil for 2-3 minutes or until al dente.
- Add pesto sauce and toss to coat the zucchini pasta well with the sauce.
- Serve warm and garnish with parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
You can buy pre-packaged zucchini noodles or zucchini spirals at your local grocery store.
Amount Per Serving Calories 266Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 5mgSodium 197mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 3gProtein 5g