These keto lemon bars are the perfect sweet and tart treat for any occasion!
If you are looking for Keto dessert Recipes look no further!
This low carb lemon bars are simple to make, and absolutely delicious.
The almond crust is perfectly crispy, and the lemon filling is creamy and tart.
Best of all, they’re sugar free and low carb.
Now you can have your favorite lemon dessert keto-style!
This is a perfect dessert to serve at dinner parties because it can easily be made ahead of time.
Keto Lemon Bars Ingredients
– Almond flour: Blanched almond flour is what’s needed for the crust. Make sure not to get finely ground almond meal, which has an uneven texture.
– Butter: Unsalted butter is best in this recipe.
– Keto friendly sugar: Erythritol or monk fruit are keto sweeteners. They can be found at many grocery stores, health food stores or online. It’s a sugar alcohol that has zero calories and does not affect blood sugar levels.
– Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed is best. Since lemon is the star of this recipe I would avoid store bough lemon juice.
– Lemon zest: This is optional but it really kicks up the lemon flavor. I would strongly suggest you use it in this recipe.
– Eggs: Large eggs are used to help the filling bind together.
– Xanthan powder: This is a keto thickening agent that is low carb.
– Salt: Just a pinch I always add salt when baking. It enhances the flavor of whatever I’m baking.
These Low carb lemon bars are so easy to make.
With just 5-ingredients you can whip them up in no time.
It’s the perfect low carb recipe for when you are craving something sweet.
The lemon curd is creamy and tangy with a great consistency and the crust is perfectly sweet and crumbly.
This easy to make recipe will be the hit of any party you bring them too.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
Now let’s get baking!
Keto Lemon Bars Recipe
These keto lemon bars are the perfect sweet and tart treat for any occasion! With just 5-ingredients and only 4g of carbs you can whip them up in no time.
For the Crust:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp sugar substitute
For the Lemon Filling:
- 1/2 cup sugar substitute
- 1 tsp xanthan gum powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine almond flour, salt and erythritol in a medium bowl and add the melted butter or coconut oil.
- Mix well then press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake for around 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the crust is baking, combine all filling ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk well to make sure it's smooth.
- Pour lemon mixture over the top of the baked almond crust and return to oven for around 20 minutes or until just set in the middle when lightly shaken.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Dust with powder sugar and serve
Amount Per Serving Calories 89Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 36mgSodium 123mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 3g