This keto chocolate mug cake is so satisfying, you’ll never believe that it’s low-carb!
If you are looking for Keto Dessert Recipes look no further!
This mug cake is also perfect for when you’re craving something sweet and chocolatey but don’t want to go overboard on carbs.
What I love about this keto mug cake is that it cooks in the microwave in under a minute and tastes just like soft, moist, gooey chocolate cake!
I used almond flour for this recipe but coconut flour would work as well.
It’s low-carb, gluten-free, whole30, paleo.
This low carb chocolate mug cake makes a perfect snack or dessert!
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake Ingredients
– Almond flour: Baking with almond flour is easiest when it is blanched. If all you have is coconut flour feel free to use it as a substitute.
– Cocoa powder: Make sure to use unsweetened cocoa powder.
– Chocolate: I use sugar-free chocolate chips and 90% dark chocolate chips. Either one of those is keto-approved.
– Butter: For baking, I use unsalted butter.
– Sugar: Use any keto friendly sweetener of your choice such as monk fruit, erythritol or allulose.
– Baking powder: This is a must-have ingredient. Try not to skip it.
– Egg: When baking I always use large eggs.
– Vanilla: Definitely a must use ingredient for an amazing low carb chocolate mug cake
– Salt: Sea salt gives this mug cake such a good flavor.
This is the perfect dessert when you are craving chocolate fast.
I also venture into making this keto vanilla mug cake and is to die for you guys!
You can make it in a minute and feel fully satisfied.
What’s better? cleanup is just a breeze.
I hope you enjoy this chocolate mug cake as much as I do!
Try this chocolate mug cake out and let me know what you think.
I love to hear if you liked it!
Keto Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe
This keto chocolate mug cake is so satisfying, you'll never believe that it's low-carb! It cooks in the microwave in under a minute and tastes just like soft, moist, gooey chocolate cake!
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened chocolate chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tablespoon erythritol
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten well
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Grease with butter a microwave-safe mug
- Place all of the ingredients in the mug and mix well with a fork until there are no large lumps.
- Microwave on high for 40 seconds or until done in the center.
- Let cool slightly before eating.
I like to use the darkest chocolate I can find. Usually 90% cacao chocolate chips or chocolate bars.
Amount Per Serving Calories 438Total Fat 36gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 217mgSodium 427mgCarbohydrates 16gNet Carbohydrates 9gFiber 7gSugar 2gProtein 16g