This keto tequila sunrise is a delicious and refreshing low carb cocktail that’s perfect for summertime sipping!
Who said you can not enjoy delicious low carb tequila drinks while on the keto diet
Made with just a few simple ingredients, it’s an easy recipe to mix up at home.
And best of all, it’s totally sugar free and keto friendly!
If you’re looking for a fun and festive summer cocktail, this low carb tequila sunrise is a great option.
This keto tequila sunrise cocktail is the perfect alternative to the classic tequila sunrise.
It’s sugar free and keto friendly, so you can enjoy a delicious drink without worrying about ruining your diet.
Keto Tequila Sunrise Ingredients
– Tequila: I prefer to use silver tequila in this recipe, but you can use any variety you like.
– Orange soda: Sugar free orange soda is readily available at most grocery stores.
– Grenadine: You can find sugar free grenadine at most grocery stores, or you can make your own using this recipe. I like to use my homemade sugar free grenadine in this recipe. See Note for making your own sugar-free grenadine syrup.
– Ice: You’ll need ice for serving and making the cocktail.
Tools Needed To Make The Keto Tequila Sunrise
- Measuring cup
- Cocktail shaker
A keto tequila sunrise is a cocktail made with tequila, orange soda, and grenadine.
The drink gets its name from the layers of colors that are created as it is poured. It resembles a sunrise.
The orange juice layer sits on top of the grenadine layer, which in turn sits on top of the tequila.
The key to making a low carb tequila cocktail is to use a sugar-free grenadine syrup.
In fact, you can enjoy a delicious tequila sunrise cocktail while still sticking to your low-carb plan.
This drink is simple to make and only requires a few basic ingredients.
Notes: Homemade sugar-free grenadine syrup: Combine equal parts sugar free cranberry juice and erythritol. Simmer for 5-8 minutes, until it thickens. Before using, allow to come to room temperature and store in the fridge.
Keto Tequila Sunrise Recipe
This keto tequila sunrise is a delicious and refreshing low carb cocktail that's perfect for summertime sipping! The perfect alternative to the classic tequila sunrise.
- 2 oz. tequila
- 4 oz. sugar-free orange soda
- 1 oz of sugar-free grenadine syrup
- Ice cubes
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add the tequila, orange soda to the shaker and shake well.
- Pour the cocktail into the glass.
- Slowly pour the grenadine syrup into the glass.
- Garnish with an orange slice and serve immediately.
Sugar-free grenadine syrup: Combine equal parts sugar free cranberry juice and erythritol. Simmer for 5-8 minutes, until it thickens. Before using, allow to come to room temperature and store in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving Calories 128Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 6mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0g