This tequila ranch water is a refreshing low carb cocktail perfect for summer sipping!
It’s made with just a 3 simple ingredients and is sugar free, gluten free, and keto friendly.
And the best part? it’s just 3g of carbs per serving!.
When it comes to low carb tequila cocktails simplicity and elegance is key.
This tequila ranch water hits all the right notes with it’s cooling sparkling flavor and refreshing lime zing.
This Texas style tequila drink, I would say is a lighter version of a classic margarita.
If you’re looking for a delicious and refreshing keto cocktail, this ranch water is the perfect summer sipper!
What is Texas Ranch Water
The origin of the Texas ranch water cocktail is a bit of a mystery, but there are two theories.
One theory suggests that the drink was created by ranch workers in the 1800s who used tequila and seltzer water to stay hydrated in the hot Texas sun.
The other theory suggests that the drink was created by bartenders in the 1970s as a way to make tequila more palatable to American drinkers.
Either way, the Texas ranch water cocktail is a delicious and refreshing summertime drink that is perfect for those who are looking for a low carb option.
Ingredients For Low Carb Tequila Ranch Water
– Tequila: I used silver tequila, but you could also use reposado or anejo.
– Lime juice: You’ll need fresh lime juice for this recipe.
– Sparkling mineral water: I used Topo Chico, but if you can’t find Topo Chico you can use Pellegrino sparkling mineral water.
– Ice: You’ll need plenty of ice for this drink!
Tools Needed To Make Ranch Water
- Measuring cup
- Cocktail shaker
How To Make Texas Tequila Ranch Water
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add tequila and fresh lime juice stir to combine.
- Top off with sparkling mineral water.
- Garnish with a lime wedge if desired.
This easy 3-ingredient low carb cocktail is the perfect way to enjoy tequila without all the sugar and carbs.
The Texas Ranch water is refreshing, flavorful, and perfect for summer sipping!
Think of it as the cousin of the skinny Margarita.
More Drinks Made with Tequila
Tequila Ranch Water Recipe
This tequila ranch water is a refreshing low carb cocktail perfect for summer sipping! This easy 3-ingredient low carb cocktail is the perfect way to enjoy tequila without all the sugar and carbs.
- 6 oz tequila
- 3 oz lime juice
- 8 oz sparkling mineral water
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, lime juice, and ice.
- Shake well and pour into highball glasses filled with fresh ice.
- Top with sparkling water and garnish with a lime wedge if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 204Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 7mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 0g