This Keto Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita is a refreshing and low carb twist on the classic summer cocktail!
This easy recipe is made with only 5 ingredients, and can be served either frozen or on the rocks.
The best part? This keto cocktail is only 4 carbs per serving!
Sipping on this spicy watermelon margarita is like taking a bite out of summer!
Refreshing, sweet, and a little bit spicy – everything you could ever want in a summer cocktail that is keto-friendly.
Entertain your guests with this fun twist on a classic margarita.
If you’re looking for a fun and festive summer cocktail, look no further than this Low Carb Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita.
Are Margaritas Keto Friendly?
No, classic margaritas are not keto-friendly because they’re made with high-fructose corn syrup and other sweeteners. Tequila, on the other hand, is a low-carb alcoholic beverage, so you may make a keto-friendly margarita by using sugar substitutes.
A regular margarita has about 30 grams of carbs, but this Keto Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita has only 4g of carbs.
Ingredients For Keto Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita
– Tequila: Use a good quality tequila for the best tasting margaritas. I like to use Silver tequila, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
– Lime juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice is always best, but you can also use bottled lime juice.
– Watermelon: You’ll need about 1 cup of fresh watermelon flesh cubes for this recipe.
– Jalapeño: I like to use 1/4 of a small jalapeño, seeds and all. This will give your margaritas a nice spicy kick. If you don’t like things too spicy, you can always omit the seeds.
– Keto-friendly sweetener: I used monk fruit sweetener in this recipe, but you can use any keto-friendly sweetener that you like.
– Garnish: Salt to rim glass and I like to garnish my margaritas with a slice of watermelon.
How To Make The Keto Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita
- Start by adding the tequila, lime juice, watermelon, jalapeño, and keto-friendly sweetener and ice to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Next, rim your glasses with salt. I like to use Himalayan pink salt, but you can use any type of salt that you have on hand.
- To rim the glasses, simply run a lime wedge around the edge of the glass and then dip it into the salt.
- Then pour the margarita mixture into the glasses and garnish with a slice of watermelon.
I have to confess I love margaritas.
This Keto Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita is the perfect summer cocktail!
It’s refreshing, sweet, and a little bit spicy.
Everything you could ever want in a summer cocktail that is keto-friendly
So, if you’re looking for a keto-friendly cocktail to enjoy this summer, look no further than this Keto Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita!
This Keto Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita is a refreshing and low carb twist on the classic summer cocktail! The best part? This keto cocktail is only 4 carbs per serving!
- 4 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- 1/2 cup watermelon
- 1/4 small jalapeño, seeds and all
- 1 tsp Monk fruit
- Himalayan pink salt to rim glass (optional)
- Watermelon slice for garnish (optional)
- If you're rimming your glasses with salt, do that first by wetting the rims of two glasses with lime juice or water.
- Spread salt onto a small plate, then press the rims of the glasses into the salt.
- To a blender, add tequila, lime juice, watermelon flesh cubes, jalapeño, and Monk fruit sweetener and ice.
- Blend until smooth, then taste and adjust sweetness as desired.
- Pour margaritas into the prepared glasses and garnish with watermelon slices, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 143Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 0g