These low carb chicken skewers recipe is perfect for summer grilling. The skewers are packed with flavor and are a healthy, keto alternative to traditional grilled chicken.
Grilled low-carb skewers with a delicious low carb marinade that packs a punch of flavor.
The ingredients in this low-carb dish are all easy to find and you can have these skewers on the grill in no time!
These amazing low-carb skewers can be grilled on an outdoor grill or cooked in a grill pan on the stove top.
There’s nothing like firing up the grill for a summer cookout!
The best part is that they’re keto-friendly, so you can enjoy them without feeling guilty.
So let’s get grilling Low Carb Style!
Low Carb Chicken Skewers Ingredients
– Chicken: Skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes. You may also use boneless and skinless chicken thighs.
– Peppers: I love colors in my food. I use orange, and green bell peppers. You can use any color pepper you like.
– Onion: I like red onions for grilled chicken skewers because they have a nice sweetness to them. You could also use white, yellow, or green onions.
– Tomato: A vine-ripened tomato is best for skewers, but any type of tomato will work.
– Soy sauce: Any brand of soy sauce will work. You can also use Tamari instead.
– Garlic: I like to use fresh garlic thoroughly minced, but garlic powder is fine too.
– Onion powder: Onion powder is dehydrated garlic flakes. It’s a wonderful way to add flavor without having to chop or crush fresh Onion.
– Olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil is best, but any type of cooking oil will work. For a deeper and more decadent flavor I like to use salted butter at room temperature.
– Oregano: Oregano adds a nice depth of flavor to the skewers. You can use fresh oregano or dried oregano.
– Thyme: Thyme is a flavorful herb that pairs well with grilled chicken. You can use fresh thyme or dried thyme.
– Lemon: Lemon juice brightens up the flavors in this dish. Fresh lemons to cut into wedges to squeezed over cooked skewers before serving.
– Salt and pepper: Freshly ground salt and pepper.
Summertime is the perfect time to break out the grill and cook up some delicious food.
These easy low carb chicken skewers are perfect for a casual summer get-together with friends.
The perfect example of a healthy, keto-friendly grilled dish.
They are packed with flavor and make a great alternative to traditional grilled chicken.
The best part is that they’re quick and easy to make, so you can spend more time enjoying your company instead of slaving in the kitchen.
Note: For best flavor, marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes. Overnight is best.
Low Carb Chicken Skewers Recipe
These low carb chicken skewers recipe is perfect for summer grilling. Perfect keto chicken skewers packed with flavor and make a great alternative to traditional grilled chicken.
- 1.5 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion thickly sliced
- 1 small red orange pepper sliced
- 1 small green pepper sliced
- 4 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 lemon cut into wedges
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, oregano, onion powder and thyme salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken cubes and vegetables, making sure everything is coated with the marinade.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before use).
- Grill over medium-high heat for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Garnish with lemon, if desired.
For best flavor, marinade chicken for at least 30 minutes. Overnight is best.
Serving Size2 Skewers
Amount Per Serving Calories 463Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 145mgSodium 1083mgCarbohydrates 15gNet Carbohydrates 11gFiber 4gSugar 6gProtein 56g