This low carb classic margarita is the best way to enjoy your favorite tequila without all the sugar!
A 4-ingredient classic margarita is the perfect refreshing keto cocktail for any occasion.
The best part? Is just 4g of carbs per serving!
This keto margarita is sugar-free, low carb, gluten-free, and it taste just as good as the classic margarita.
For a classic margarita on the rocks, you can’t go wrong with this low carb recipe.
All the margarita traditional ingredients are there, so go ahead and enjoy that next margarita guilt-free!
Are Margaritas Keto Friendly?
No, classic margaritas are not keto-friendly because they’re made with high-fructose corn syrup and other sweeteners. However, tequila is a low-carb alcohol, so you can make a keto-friendly margarita by using sugar-free sweeteners.
A regular margarita has about 30 grams of carbs, but this keto classic margarita has only 4g of carbs.
Ingredients For Low Carb Classic Margarita
– Tequila: Use your favorite tequila, I prefer blanco tequila for this recipe.
– Lime juice: Freshly squeezed lime juice is best. I find that store bought lime juice has an after taste that is unpleasant.
– Sweetener: I use erythritol, but you can use any low carb sweetener that you like.
– Orange extract: This gives the drink a nice citrus flavor without adding any carbs or sugars.
– Ice: You will need ice for this recipe.
How To Make The Low Carb Classic Margarita
Instructions for the classic margarita
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange extract and sugar in a pitcher with ice.
- Shake well.
- Rim glasses with salt and fill with ice.
- Pour the margaritas into the glasses.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, if desired.
- Enjoy your low carb margarita!
Tools Needed To Make Cocktail Recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- Measuring cup
I am always experimenting with new flavor combinations such as, keto mango margarita, a low carb champagne margarita, a low carb spicy grapefruit margarita, keto jalapeño watermelon margarita or a frozen lime margarita.
This classic margarita cocktail is one of my all-time favorites.
It is the perfect balance of sweet and tart, with just a hint of orange flavor.
And best of all, it is sugar free!
If you are looking for refreshing keto cocktails to enjoy this summer, look no further than this low carb classic margarita.
This low carb classic margarita is the best way to enjoy your favorite tequila without all the sugar! A regular margarita has about 30 grams of carbs, but this low carb classic margarita has only 4g of carbs.
- 6 oz Tequila
- 3 oz Lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Orange extract
- 1 tsp erythritol
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add all ingredients and shake well.
- Salt the rim of a margarita or old-fashioned glass (optional).
- Strain the margarita into the glass and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 205Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 4mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 0g