This Keto Onion Rings recipe is a low carb and gluten free version of the classic!
They are crispy, delicious and so easy to make.
I am a huge fan of onion rings.
They are one of my favorite things to eat, but I haven’t had them in years because they are usually deep fried and full of carbs.
These Keto Onion Rings can be baked instead or fried, and they are coated in a crispy keto-friendly flour batter.
They are so good, you won’t even miss the real thing!
This low carb onion rings are one of my favorite Keto appetizers!
You can easily make this onion rings in the air fryer, or bake them in the oven.
They make a great side dish or appetizer for your next party or get together!
Keto Onion Rings Ingredients
– Onions: This is the star of the show! You can use any type of onion you like, but I prefer to use yellow onions.
– Almond flour: This is my go-to keto flour. It’s super versatile and works well in this recipe.
– Parmesan cheese: This adds a nice cheesy flavor to the keto onion rings. I like to use parmesan instead of breadcrumbs.
– Eggs: You’ll need two eggs for this recipe.
– Heavy cream: This helps to bind the ingredients together.
– Salt and pepper: This is to taste.
– Oil: You’ll need some oil for frying or spraying the keto onion rings before baking. I like to use avocado oil.
How to Make The Onion Rings
- Start by slicing the onions into 1/2-inch thick rings.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and heavy cream.
- Dip each onion ring into the egg mixture, then coat in the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the coated onion rings to the hot oil and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the heat and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
- If you don’t have a large skillet, you can use a deep fryer.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy Keto recipe, look no further than these Keto Onion Rings!
Are Onions Keto Friendly?
Yes, onions are keto friendly and a great way to add flavor to your meals!
Onions are a low carb vegetable, just make sure to keep an eye on your portion size.
One large onion has about 24 carbs, so if you are eating a lot of onions, it can add up.
Are Onion Rings OK on Keto?
The onion rings you get at most restaurants are not going to be keto friendly. They are usually breaded and fried in unhealthy oils.
However, these low carb version of onion rings are a healthy alternative that is low carb and gluten free.
They are made with a simple almond flour batter and then baked until golden brown and crispy.
They are a tasty snack that is perfect for when you are craving something crunchy and savory.
How Many Carbs in Onion Rings?
Traditional onion rings have about 30 grams of carbs per serving. However, these onion rings recipe only have 4g Net carbs per serving.
They are a great way to enjoy the flavor of onion rings without all the carbs!
What to Serve with Onion Rings?
Onion rings are a great appetizer or side dish. They are perfect for parties or get togethers.
If you are looking for what to serve with keto onion rings, I suggest:
Keto Onion Rings
This Keto Onion Rings recipe is a low carb and gluten free version of the classic! They make a great side dish or appetizer for your next party or get together!
- 2 onions, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rings
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a bowl, combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl, whisk together eggs and heavy cream.
- Dip onion rings into the batter and carefully place into the hot oil.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
If you don’t have a large skillet, you can use a deep fryer.
Amount Per Serving Calories 141Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 60mgSodium 170mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 6g