This is a delicious recipe for keto Cajun shrimp skewers. The flavor is excellent with the perfect blend of spices and herbs, which will have your mouth watering before you even start cooking.
This dish can be served as an appetizer or main course, depending on what else you are serving.
It’s also great for entertaining and easy to make ahead of time.
Ready in under 20 minutes and only 3g of carbs!
So, if you are looking for a new and exciting recipe to try, give this low carb cajun shrimp skewers recipe a try.
You won’t be disappointed!
Keto Cajun Shrimp Skewers Ingredients
– Shrimp: I like to get jumbo shrimps for this recipe, but you can use any size. One pound of jumbo shrimp has approximately on average 20 shrimps.
– Cajun seasoning: You can either make your own blend (see below for my homemade cajun spice blend recipe) or buy a store-bought blend. I like to make my own blend because I can control the ingredients and the heat level.
– Olive Oil: This will help to coat the shrimp and prevent them from sticking to the skewers.
– Salt and pepper: Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
– Skewers: If you are using wooden skewers, make sure to soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using.
Ingredients For Homemade Cajun Seasoning Blend
The flavor of cajun seasoning is spicy and smoky with a hint of sweetness.
It is perfect for those who enjoy spicy food.
If you cannot handle the heat, you can always reduce the amount of cayenne pepper in the recipe.
To make your own cajun seasoning blend, combine the following spices below.
Store in an airtight container until ready to use.
– Paprika: I like to use sweet paprika, but you can use smoked paprika for a smokier flavor.
– Garlic: I like to use garlic powder, or if you only have garlic flakes, that will work too.
– Onion: Again, I like to use onion powder, but you can also use onion flakes.
– Cayenne: This is the ingredient that will make your cajun seasoning blend spicy, so add as much or as little as you like.
– Oregano: I prefer to use dried oregano, but you can also use fresh if you have it.
– Thyme: Again, I prefer to use dried thyme, but you can use fresh if you like.
Grilled cajun shrimp is a popular dish that is enjoyed by many.
It is made with shrimp that has been marinated in a cajun spice mixture and then grilled or broiled.
The resulting dish has a spicy, flavorful flavor that many people crave.
If you are looking for an easy and delicious way to prepare shrimp, then this recipe is for you.
The best part about this dish is that it can be made ahead of time and then served when you are ready to eat.
This makes it perfect for entertaining or for a quick and easy meal.
Keto Cajun Shrimp Skewers Recipes
This is a delicious recipe for keto Cajun shrimp skewers. It is spicy and smoky with a hint of sweetness. This dish can be served as an appetizer or main course.
- 1 lb. jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat, about 375-400 degrees F.
- To a small bowl add smoked paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, dried thyme, dried oregano and salt and pepper. Mix together until combined.
- To a large bowl add shrimp. Sprinkle the spice blend over the top of the shrimp and toss to coat evenly.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon olive oil over the top of the shrimp and toss to coat.
- Thread shrimp onto skewers, about 4-5 shrimp per skewer.
- Grill for 3-4 minutes, flipping once, until shrimp are pink and slightly charred around the edges.
- Remove from grill and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 198Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 239mgSodium 1138mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 26g