This sugar free keto glazed ham recipe makes a really tasty holiday ham.
It’s the perfect low carb dish for the holidays. – New Year’s Eve, Easter, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
When I think of the holidays, the first thing that comes to mind is spiral cut ham.
I always look forward to it!
I love turkey, but I also like to give my guests the option of a ham on the menu.
This recipe it’s not only delicious but at the end all that’s left is delicious keto goodness!
This sugar free glazed ham is not overly sweet and it’s loaded with flavor.
You will love this Low Carb glazed ham because:
- It’s low carb and keto friendly.
- It tastes amazing it’s loaded with flavor and very easy to make.
- Ingredients you already have in your pantry.
- Your guests will love it.
This Keto Low carb glazed ham has become a holiday tradition at my house.
Sugar Free keto glazed ham Ingredients
– Boneless Ham: Uncured is preferred because it has fewer carbohydrates, but cured may also be used.
– Butter: I use unsalted butter for this low carb ham recipe.
– Cinnamon: Ground if possible because it will make the dish sweeter.
– Brown Sugar substitute: I use a low and keto approved brown sugar substitute like erythritol or monk fruit.
– Dijon Mustard: I like to use dijon for its flavor complexity.
– Cloves: Ground cloves and I use whole cloves for decoration.
– Garlic: This is one of the few recipes I advocate to use garlic powder. If you use fresh garlic you run the risk of the garlic burning while in bales in the oven.
– Ginger powder: Powdered ginger gives the best flavor.
– Orange: Zest and juice 1 orange.
Glazed ham is a holiday tradition staple in my house, especially during the holidays.
If you are looking for a festive holiday dish then this Keto Low Carb glazed ham will be perfect.
What I like about this Sugar Free Glazed Ham recipe is that you don’t need any special ingredients.
I love traditional recipes and I adapt them to keto and low carb diets.
The big difference in this sugar free ham is that it’s not overly sweet like many other glazed hams tend to be.
It has a very nice tangy-sweet flavor for everyone to enjoy!
Sugar Free Keto Glazed Ham Recipe
This sugar free keto glazed ham recipe makes a really tasty holiday ham. It's the perfect low carb dish for the holidays. - New Year's Eve, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 7-10 lb boneless ham
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar substitute
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 orange, zest and juiced.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Score the ham in a criss-cross pattern with a sharp knife.
- Combine all the ingredients and set aside about 1/4 of it for later.
- Rub the rest of the glaze mixture all over the ham ensuring you work it into the cuts of the ham.
- Place the glazed ham on a roasting pan, place cloves in some of the cuts of the ham for decoration if desired, and then cover with foil.
- Bake covered for about 12 minutes per pound or until internal temperature is 120 degrees.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. Remove aluminum foil and brush the remaining of the glazed mixture.
- Put back in the oven uncovered and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Place ham on a serving platter, let rest for at least 15 minutes before carving.
If you want your ham to have a deeper golden brown color put it under the broiler for 1 or 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it since the sugar will make it brown quicker.
Amount Per Serving Calories 494Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 215mgSodium 3234mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 71g