Shepherd’s Pies are delicious meat and vegetable pies with a creamy mashed potato topping.
This keto shepherd’s Pie with cauliflower is an excellent low-carb alternative to the classic dish, made with a flavorful meat and vegetable filling and topped with cheesy mashed cauliflower.
This easy recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
The ideal one pot dinner, keto shepherd’s pie is hearty and filling, and can easily be made ahead of time.
Simply reheat and enjoy!
Look no further than this delicious and simple keto low carb shepherd’s pie for a delectable and easy keto dish.
Made with a flavorful meat and vegetable filling, and topped with cheesy mashed cauliflower, it’s sure to become a family favorite.
So what are you waiting for?
Give this recipe a try today!
Keto Shepherd’s Pie With Cauliflower Ingredients
– Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a low carb vegetable that makes a great substitute for potatoes in this recipe.
– Ground beef: I used ground beef in this recipe, but you could also use ground lamb or turkey.
– Onion: I used a yellow onion, but you could also use a white or red onion.
– Garlic: I used fresh garlic in this recipe, but you could also use garlic powder.
– Tomato paste: Tomato paste is a great way to add flavor and richness to this dish.
– Oregano: I used dried oregano, but you could also use fresh.
– Thyme: I used dried thyme, but you could also use fresh.
– Salt: I used kosher salt in this recipe.
– Pepper: I used freshly ground black pepper in this recipe.
– Beef broth: Beef broth is used to help thin out the tomato paste and add some additional flavor.
– Cheddar cheese: I used sharp cheddar cheese, but you could also use mild or medium.
– Heavy cream: Heavy cream is used to make the mashed cauliflower topping creamy and smooth. Make sure to use full fat heavy cream.
– Celery: I used celery for some additional flavor and texture, but you could also leave it out.
– Butter: Butter adds flavor and creaminess to the mashed cauliflower.
How To Make Keto Shepherd’s Pie With Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate cauliflower into florets.
- In a large pot with salt water boil the cauliflower for 15 minutes or until tender.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, brown the ground beef over medium heat until cooked through.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until softened.
- Stir in the tomato paste, oregano, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Add the beef broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower florets and add it to a large bowl.
- Add the cheddar cheese, heavy cream, and butter. Use a potato masher or immersion blender to mash the cauliflower until smooth.
- Spread the beef filling into an 9*13 inch baking dish or casserole.
- Top with the mashed cauliflower, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
This is a delicious one-pot casserole dish known as a cottage pie that is ideal for a family meal.
It is hearty, filling and packed with flavor.
This is the best keto shepherd’s pie I have ever tried!
The best part about this recipe is that it is easy to make ahead of time and reheat when you are ready to eat.
Give this low carb cottage pie with cauliflower a try!
Keto Shepherd's Pie with Cauliflower Recipe
This keto shepherd's Pie with cauliflower is an excellent low-carb alternative to the classic dish, made with a flavorful meat and vegetable filling and topped with cheesy mashed cauliflower.
Ingredients for the filling
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 3 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the mashed cauliflower:
- 2 large cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef until browned.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic, oregano and thyme, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth and tomato paste, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- To make the mashed cauliflower, add the cauliflower florets to a large pot of boiling water.
- Cook for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the water, and add the cauliflower to a large bowl.
- Add the heavy cream, butter, cheddar cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mash the cauliflower until smooth.
- Spread the mashed cauliflower over the top of the ground beef mixture.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
More One Pot Recipes
Sheet Pan Shrimp and Vegetables