This Keto Mac and Cheese without cauliflower is cheesy, super rich and creamy!
Comfort food at it’s finest, and it’s low carb, gluten free and only has 4g of net carbs per serving!
Just because you are on a keto diet, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on all of your favorite foods.
This 3-ingredient Keto Mac and Cheese is the perfect example of that.
It tastes just like the real thing, but without all of the carbs.
No cauliflower for this low carb mac and cheese.
I know you will love this keto-friendly mac and cheese recipe as much as we do!
Keto Mac And Cheese Ingredients
– Keto pasta: I use keto pasta I get at my local grocery store. It taste and cooks just like regular pasta. If you can’t find it, you could also use zucchini noodles or shirataki noodles
– Heavy cream: I use full fat heavy cream. This is a must ingredient for the best low carb mac and cheese. Makes the sauce so creamy!
– Cheese: I like to use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella cheese, but you could really use any type of cheese you like. Gruyere would be good too!
– Salt and pepper: I like to add a little salt and pepper. I use sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
How To Make Keto Mac And Cheese
1. Cook the pasta according to package directions.
2. Drain the pasta and add it back into the pot.
3. In a sauce pan, heat the heavy cream until it starts to simmer.
4. Add the cheese salt and pepper and whisk until it is melted and smooth.
5. Add the pasta to the pan with the cheese sauce and stir until it is all mixed together.
6. Serve immediately.
This Mac and Cheese recipe is so easy to make and only takes a few minutes. It is the perfect comfort food for those cold winter nights.
Mac and cheese is one of those comfort food dishes that we all crave.
This mac and cheese without cauliflower recipe is a delicious low carb alternative that will satisfy your cravings without all of the carbs.
If you are following a keto diet or low carb lifestyle, this is a recipe you need to add to your collection.
It is so easy to make and only takes a few minutes.
It is the perfect comfort food for those cold winter nights.
Tips For Making The Best Low Carb Mac And Cheese
– Use good quality cheese: This will make a big difference in the flavor of your keto mac and cheese. I like to use a mix of cheddar, gruyere and mozzarella. I find this combination has the best flavor.
What To Serve With Keto Mac And Cheese
Are you asking yourself What To Serve With Keto Mac And Cheese?
If you are looking for a low carb side dish to serve with your keto mac and cheese, I have a few suggestions.
Can you eat macaroni on keto?
No, macaroni is a type of pasta made with wheat flour and thus high in carbs. Regular pasta is full of carbs and not suitable for a keto diet.
However, there are keto-friendly pasta alternatives available, such as zoodles (zucchini noodles), keto pasta, and shirataki noodles.
What is a good substitute for mac and cheese?
There are many substitutes for mac and cheese, such as this keto mac and cheese, cauliflower mac and cheese, and broccoli mac and cheese.
Keto Alterenative Noodles
If you are looking for a keto-friendly substitute and alternative to mac and cheese, you can try using the following:
- Zoodles (zucchini noodles)
- Keto pasta
- Shirataki noodles
How to Store Keto Mac and Cheese?
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in the fridge or in the freezer.
- Store in the refrigerator. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3-5 days.
- Store in the freezer. Leftovers can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheating leftovers. When you are ready to eat the leftovers, thaw overnight in the fridge. Reheat them in the microwave or in a saucepan on the stove.
This Keto Mac And Cheese without cauliflower is cheesy, super rich and creamy! A mac and cheese with only 4g net carbs per serving.
- 1 16oz package of keto pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk together the cream, mozzarella, cheddar, and gruyere in a medium saucepan over low heat until cheese is melted and smooth.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain it and add it to the saucepan with the cheese sauce.
- Toss to combine, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Use good quality cheese: This will make a big difference in the flavor of your keto mac and cheese. I like to use a mix of cheddar, gruyere and mozzarella. I find this combination has the best flavor.
Amount Per Serving Calories 338Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 69mgSodium 308mgCarbohydrates 17gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 13gSugar 2gProtein 14g